Thursday, April 8, 2010

Not Just Heaving Bosoms...

Hi, my name is Alyssa, and I'm addicted to romance novels.

For those who aren't aware, I really am. I love them. I love to read in general, but romance novels are the best! Really. People seem to have a judgement button there. I can't tell you the number of people who seem to believe that I'm unintelligent because I read romance novels. People have also come to the conclusion that I'm easy because I read romance novels. So I would like to clear up a misconception or two.

Yes, romance novels have sex scenes. Some more explicit than others. And sometimes, they're the best part of the book.

No, they're not all about sex. The point of a romance novel is to tell the story of two people falling in love. Boy meets girl, boy and girl live through a series of crazy events (often involving the solving of some heinous crime), and in the end, boy and girl live happily ever after.

Yes, they always have a happy ending. Like I said before, boy and girl live happily ever after in all romance novels. (Also, everyone er... gets their own happy ending. If you know what I mean.) That's why I love them. In real life, happy endings don't always happen, so why not live in a world where they do? It's the same reason I love Disney movies. Although there's less fun sex scenes in those.

No comments: